The 5th Wave

The 5th Wave - Rick Yancey

Note: I just started reading the Infinite sea and remembered that I never got around of reviewing the 5th wave. So there you go:

I both did and didn't like this one. The plot was engaging after some point and the writing style was just too confusing in the beginning, as it kept shifting narrations without making it clear who was speaking.

The story is simple: Aliens have been watching humans for thousands of years and at some point they decide it's time to take our planet. The problem? Us. So, in four consecutive "waves", they wipe out a large portion of humankind. There are few left. Confused. Not knowing who to trust.

There is one main character on the story: Cassie. A teenage girl, who has only one family member left: her brother. Unfortunately, at the beginning of our story they get separated. Cassie begins her mission of recovering her  brother and on that journey she will find out where her limits are. There are few other narrators in the story: her brother and her former crush.

As I said above the story is engaging and the writing is very good, but I guess it just wasn't my cup of tea. It was around 70%, that I decided to continue with the series.

❝We are the clay, and you are Michelangelo. And we will be your masterpiece.❞