"Equations are magic, and all formulas are spells"

And Every Morning the Way Home Gets Longer and Longer: A Novella - Fredrik Backman

**Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

❝Noah holds the old man's hand, the man who taught him to fish and to never be afraid of big thoughts and to look at the night's sky and understand that it's made of numbers..❞

There are so many reasons that this short novella touched my heart strings. It came as no surprise however as mr. Backman is one of my fav authors: he just nails the old folk-young kids dynamic, with each of his books exploring a different one. On "And every morning the way home gets longer and longer", Noah's grandad is slowly descending into the abyss of Alzheimer's and together they try to come in terms with it.

We learn just how ordinarily extraordinary he was earlier in life, about his job and the story of how he met and lost the love of his life.

I laughed and cried while reading this and can't wait for his new book coming this spring!

50 Book ReviewsProfessional Reader80%Reviews Published2016 NetGalley Challenge Challenge Participant