13 reasons why (you should read this book)

Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher

❝ I guess that's the point of it all. No one knows for certain how much impact they have on the lives of other people. Oftentimes, we have no clue. Yet we push it just the same.❞

One day you get a bunch of tapes by the girl in your class that committed suicide.
You knew that girl. You had feelings for that girl.
On these tapes, she has recorded the thirteen reasons why she killed herself. Each tape is a reason.
A name.

And you are one of them. You don't know in which tape you are. And they come with a request:

❝ One: You listen.
 Number two: You pass it on. Hopefully, neither one will be easy for you.
 When you’re done listening to all thirteen sides — because there are thirteen sides to every story — rewind the tapes, put them back in the box, and pass them on to whoever   follows your little tale.
 And you, lucky number thirteen, you can take the tapes straight to hell. Depending on your religion, maybe I’ll see you there.
  In case you’re tempted to break the rules, understand that I did make a copy of these  tapes. Those copies will be released in a very public manner if this package doesn’t   make it through all of you.
  This was not a spur-of-the-moment decision.
  Do not take me for granted . . . again.
  You are being watched.❞

So read this heartbreaking story of Hannah, the girl on the tapes, narrated by Clay, one of the recipients.
I found the writing of the story simply brilliant as Hannah's tale complement Clay's thoughts, while the reader pieces out the story, trying desperately to understand her motives. And in the end, trust me you will.