Hello my bookish friends!! I saw this tag being done by lots of you, so I thought I'd join too! (Thanks to Spooky's House of Books for starting this)
1. Do you have a certain place in your home for reading?
Yes - a super comfy chair. However, I don't have a favorite position...lol
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
I mostly read on my kindle, so no physical bookmarks are involved. I just push the power button whenever I have to be pulled out from my latest virtual adventure.
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop read after a chapter / certain number of pages?
There are two scenarios: a) I fall asleep reading - if I am lucky i don't accidentally skip ahead many pages when my nose/finger/whatever touches the screen before it goes into sleep mode, or b) life gets in the way - you know eating, talking to other people...etc.
On the first scenario, it depends on my sleepiness level, but I usually will myself to read "just one more chapter".
On the second scenario, I prefer to finish a chapter and then close the book. Or you know keep reading....
4. Do you eat or drink while read?
Drink. Coffee, or tea.
In case of a suspenseful novel: eat. My nails.
5. Multitasking: music or TV while reading?
Neither. Okay, maybe music. Sometimes. But no singing. Usually I study with classical/instrumental music. I don't want to confuse my brain.
6. One book at a time or several at once?
Several. I rarely have one book at a time. However, I don't read many at the same genre.
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Everywhere. True story.
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Silently. Out loud is only for professionals I paid for when I bought the audiobook.
Or my mom.
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
I used to read the ending when I got too anxious about the protagonists' fate. But now I don't do that anymore. I'm all grown up.
Sidenote: If the book is getting boring, I do skim and move forward.
10. Barking the spine or keeping it like new?
I rarely buy physical books anymore, so the precious few I actually bought in the last few months are like new. I am always super careful of my copies.
11. Do you write in your books?
Nope. I do make occasional notes on my virtual ones.
This was fun!! Join in!
Do you want to read from other booklikes' members? Head over here.